Monday, July 14, 2008

Road Trips = Road Rage?

I had the opportunity to travel back home to my home town of Montrose, Colorado for a family reunion this past weekend. Seeing the family was great and I enjoyed spending time with some relatives that I hadn't seen a while. But in order to get home to see all of these relatives, I had to drive for six hours to get there. Now a six hour drive normally isn't that bad. In fact, I've driven for 14 hours straight to get to a destination. So six hours doesn't seem like it would be a long time. Except that my car doesn't have AC and it's the middle of July. Not a fun experience. The nice thing was that I didn't have a car trouble, so that was a definate blessing. The drive down to Montrose was really nice. There wasn't anything to slow me down and I made really good time.


It was the trip back that was a little more irritating. While driving along I-70 into Denver, traffic just decided to slow to a crawl. There's no feeling quite like that of going 10 mph on the interstate. I'm still not even sure what caused traffic to slow down. There wasn't any road construction or an accident. It was like some people just decided to go 10 mph and slowed everyone down behind them. So lame. I couldn't believe that I was stuck in a traffic jam on a Sunday afternoon. The same thing happened on I-25 from Denver to Fort Collins. More traffic and going slow for now apparent reason. Argh! So frustrating.




The nice thing about the drive back from Montrose was that I drove over McClure pass on Highway 133. What a beautiful drive. I love going that way. It's so quiet and the beauty of Colorado is so apparent. I love that drive. It's even better in the fall when all of the leaves are changing colors. I included a few pictures from the drive yesterday. Hopefully I'll be able to get over that way again in mid-September to get pictures of the fall colors.

No comments: