Thursday, July 10, 2008

Playing Dress Up At Target 10 Minutes Before Closing

So last night my friend Andrea and I were hanging out after going to choir. As a side note, I don't think I'll be in any more choirs. Turns out I'm tone deaf. After choir we went and delivered some homemade goodies to some of the girls on her visiting teaching route. But none of the girls were home, so we ended up just dropping off the treats and finishing up like at 9:30. After discussing what to do next, we decided to go to Target and play around there. We went and played with with a bunch of the toys in the toy section. We were bouncing balls, making all of the talking dolls talk at the same time, throwing the football around in the aisles, stuff like that. Andrea managed to knock down two display signs and damged one pretty good.

We eventually got tired of playing with the toys and Andrea came up with the idea of picking out outfits for each other to try on. By this time the store was closing in like 10 minutes. So we rushed around and found each other some clothes to try on. I, being a nice guy, chose some shorts, a shirt, and jacket that ended up looking stylishly good (scary that I was able to do that). In fact, Andrea really liked the shorts and wants to go back and buy them. For me she chose a pair of slacks, a t-shirt, and blazer. Not all of them stylish and all of them too small. Now I'm trying to lose some weight, but I'm not quite there yet. I've got a little ways to go. The t-shirt was like trying to pull on a second skin, it was that tight. But I managed to squeeze into everything. Not comfortably, but squeezed in just the same. After getting all dressed up, we got one of the dressing room clerks to take a couple of pictures. I haven't had that much fun on a trip to Target in a long time.





No comments: