Tuesday, July 22, 2008

5K Training

The 5K race that I signed up for is coming up this Saturday. I have to say that I'm not really excited about it. I've slacked off on running the last couple of weeks, so I've lost a good deal of running endurance that I had built up. I decided to start running again so I can be marginally ready for the race. I went running last Saturday morning to kind of check my progress. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't fun. It was much better than I thought it would be though, so that was a positive.

I went out and I had no desire to even be running. Just to let you know, I absolutely loathe running. Running for the sake of running is just hard. Running while I'm playing a game is easy, because there is a point to it. Chasing down a Frisbee or running with a football is so much more enjoyable for me. But I know that running is important for me to get in shape and lose some weight. So I run.

The nice thing about this running exercising not eating sugar diet thing is that I have lost weight. I've only have about 10 pounds to go until I reach my target weight. And it feels awesome to fit into some of the clothes that I had "out grown". My pants are way more baggy and I feel like I'm drowning in some of the other clothes that I have. I'm going to have to get an new wardrobe so I can have clothes that fit again. But I'll worry about that later.

Anyway, back to talking about the 5K race on Saturday. It starts at 8 am at City Park in Fort Collins. It's called the Run For Hope. It's race to raise awareness about carcinoid cancer. The race is for a good cause and I would invite anyone out to come out and support this organization in their cause. If you want to race, they are accepting entrants up until race day. You can get more information about the race at www.runforhope.net I'll keep you posted on how I do and let you know my race time.

No comments: