Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Super Busy Saturdays

This past Saturday was crazy busy for me. Normally I like to have a nice quiet Saturdays involving sleeping in and relaxing the rest of the day. This last Saturday was nothing like that. To start off, it was the day of the CSU Homecoming 5k race. The race started at 8 am and I told my friend Tabi that we should meet up at 7:30 am so she could get registered. I wonder why they start races so early in the morning? Getting back to my day, I woke up at 6:30 so I could eat a healthy breakfast before the run. Unfortunately it was a cold rainy morning and that wasn't much fun to run in. When we got to the race location, there were roughly 1700 people there. That's a lot more than the 600 at the last race I ran. I couldn't believe how many people were there. I did see quite a few people from the institute, so that was cool. There were so many people, that there wasn't a single time during the race that I was by myself. I was always passing someone or someone was passing me. A little over crowded if you ask me. I finished the race with a better time than the other 5k I ran, but I still didn't break 30 minutes. That disappointed me a little bit. So I've decide that I'm gong to run another 5k in a couple of weeks. It should have fewer people, so I think my time will improve.

After the race, I was supposed to meet up with some people to play a game of football. Unfortunately only two other people showed up because of the crappy weather. So we couldn't get a game going, but that was okay since I was still pretty tired from the race. It was cold enough to make my hands sting when I tried to catch the ball though. Maybe I should invest in receivers gloves. We ended up calling it quits after about half an hour. Hopefully more people will show up next time we play.

Then I went home to get cleaned up so I could go to the CSU Homecoming football game. I thought I bundled myself up pretty good and made sure that I was wearing lots of layers. Turns out that really wasn't enough. It was still raining and windy. By the end of the 1st quarter I was freezing. To make matters worse there were lots of rowdy fans and CSU ended up loosing the game 13 - 7. Lame.

I then hurried home to get ready for the institute choir concert. Elisa volunteered me to be the curtain puller and possible narrator. So I got all dressed up and went to the stake center to do my part. But because of some miscommunication I ended up sitting there not doing anything. The concert was good though and I think the choir did a really good job. Hopefully they'll have even more people join and they'll just keep getting better.

After the choir some of my friends and I played some games and went to the movies to celebrate my friend Brian's birthday. We went and saw "The Express: The Ernie Davis Story". It was a good movie. I really enjoyed it and I even geeked out a little bit when they included Floyd Little in the story. I liked the movie, but it was not one that I came out of all hyped up from. If you know about Ernie Davis, then you know why.

That in effect, was my busy Saturday. Running a race, playing football, going to a football game, watching a choir concert, and then seeing a football movie. Sounds like football related events dominated the day. Hopefully future Saturdays won't be so busy, but I'm sure that won't be the case.

No comments: